Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Letter #73: June 10, 2013

Hey thir! 

Things were much better this week!  We were able to work a lot stronger and have more success. We put 5 baptismal dates with people, but only 2 of them came to church, so we only have 2 people with dates now.  That’s ok, though, we still have this week to re-put their dates so that they can still get baptized in June.  The two that have dates are named Lisbeth and Emily.  They are sisters and they are super cute!  They are both super shy and super pretty!  Lisbeth is 18 and Emily is 10.  They live with their mom and she is listening to us, too, but wants the girls to get baptized first.  We found them this week but they both have been attending a different branch for about a year with their cousins.

Hmm... well what can I say... My companion and I  are still getting along super well!!  We are basically always laughing together... I sort of feel like she’s my long lost sister... We have fun. :) I wish I could send pics, but once again this computer is super crappy and will not allow me to do so!  I’m doing really well.  Finally not sick, which is awesome!  I’m just loving the work and loving my time out here!  

Glad to hear everyone is doing well and that Rachel did awesome in her marathon! I can’t believe how much everything has changed since I’ve been on my mission.... I feel like I’m going to come home and everything is going to be backwards and upside down.... Ha! Ha!... Oh well.. Such is life...  Sorry I’m not as funny in my e-mails as I used to be... I promise that I’m still funny, but I’m just not good at remembering things that I want to write on Mondays and the pressure to write fast hinders my witty skills... Also everything just feels so normal now that I’ve slightly forgotten what normal life is REALLY like... Ha.

Anyway, that’s all that I can think of to write for now.... Oh wait! I thought of a funny story!! (This is written by my companion....) Who wants to hear the latest drama about the elders?  

So, first of all, we share the branch San Juan with two other elders, and now we’re four gringos. With all the new sisters in the mission President Kahnlein has come out with some pretty strict rules about interaction between elders and hermanas, which we’re all really thankful for.  But the other elders that are here... are awkward.  And make us uncomfortable.  Like they always stare at us (well duh) and try to talk to us (well duh).  For example, in our mission coordination meeting two weeks ago they tried to walk home with us after and gave us some nasty candy bars.  Which was weird in and of itself.

So this week we decided to try and bypass all that (and the fact that we didn’t have nasty candy to give back to them) by running home.  Literally.  Like little girls.  So we ran from the mission leader’s door for a few blocks, then decided we were good.  So it’s dark and creepy and we’re almost late getting home, so we walk pretty quickly.  And what do we see when we get home? There’s a note on our gate that says "Les ganamos! -Los misioneros" (translation = We beat you!).  So not only did they write us a note (which they’re not supposed to) and not only did they walk through our area to give it to us (which they’re not supposed to) but they came to our house.  OUR HOUSE!!  We were soooo creeped out.  I read it, then I yelled really loud in the street "that’s so creepy!!" and hoped they heard me.  So we told our District Leader when he called that night and he said he would tell the Zone Leaders to tell their District Leader to yell at them.  And I guess he did, because they didn’t try to talk to us at church on Sunday.  So now things are even more awkward.  But hey, that’s the mission right?  And now that is all.

Love you all!!
Peace and blessings... peace and blessings...
-Hermana Hermansen


No comments:

Post a Comment