Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Letter #50: December 24, 2012


Dear Family and Friends,

Thanks for your Christmas wishes.  I still can’t believe that it is Christmas.  Doesn’t feel like it at all!!  But things are better that way. :) 

So, in Latin America, they celebrate Christmas more on Christmas Eve (today) than actual Christmas day.  They celebrate it like New Year’s Eve, so everyone stays up partying until midnight and then they all hug and open their presents.  

For missionaries, these are two normal days in the working field.... Today is p-day and tomorrow is Tuesday.  Ha! Ha!  Tonight we have permission to stay in the house of a member until 11:00 pm, though….Woot.  And tomorrow we can call home, but everything else is the same... Feliz Navidad to me! Ha! Ha! Ha!

I actually am enjoying this hot Christmas more than I thought I would!  Some members have given us gifts and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED my Christmas packages.  The best parts of my packages were:
1. Opening them and looking up the scriptures with my companion. 
2. There was a ton of stuff for me AND my companion.  
3. The things you sent were seriously perfect! I’ve never appreciated getting goldfish crackers and socks from anyone for any reason in my entire life. :)  
4. Letter from Dad. Very unexpected.  

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

I don’t really know what else to tell you all, especially since I will be talking to you all tomorrow...

Have questions that you want to know tomorrow, so that you can ask me and get answers right away.... I’m going to be using the skype account of my companion. I will be ready to call as close to 6:30 pm that I can.  Have the computer ready between 6:15-6:45 pm.  Since you didn’t tell me the address of who to call, you need to call me.....  Call at 3:30 pm (your time) exactly.  If no one is there keep trying please.

I’m SUPER excited to talk to you all tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I can’t wait. :)

Hope everyone is happy and doing well and enjoying the Christmas Spirit!!!!! 

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU!!!!
-Hermana Hermansen

No comments:

Post a Comment