Saturday, December 8, 2012

Letter #48: December 3, 2012


Dear Family, 

My week was good.  Actually it was so-so, but all is well now.  My companion was feeling really sick all last week, so we couldn’t do much.  We went to the mission nurse yesterday and found out that she has an ear infection.  Also her mattress is horrible so she got a new one yesterday, too.  We should be good to go now!!!  I’m super grateful for the health and strength that I’ve had in the mission!!!  What a blessing.  :)

So, we had transfers this week!  My companion and I both stay put!  WOOHOOO!!! We’re both super stoked!!!  So guess what?  Something AMAZING happened yesterday! I got a ton of mail!!!  Including the Thanksgiving package and the package from Tiffany, Courtney, and Rachel J.F.!!!!  It was AWESOME!!!  I felt sooooo much love. :)

Seriously, I cannot express my thanks and gratitude enough how wonderful and how much love I felt from home yesterday......... Especially since (I don’t know why) I was missing home, but I seriously got the packages and letters in perfect timing!!! I felt sooooo much love that it helped me realize that none of my worries matter and that I’m where I’m supposed to be…serving the Lord.  I love how precise the Lord is in His work. Everything is intertwined and always works out perfectly when we are doing His will.   No concern is too small to take it up with the Lord. He cares about every tiny detail.  I LOVE HIM.  :)

Well, since I don’t have much to report from the past week, I thought I’d send some pics.  First round of pics (a.k.a. the pics in this e-mail) were taken about two weeks ago. We sat down in some shade because my companion needed to take a break.  This is how the majority of the streets are in my area.  Stay tuned for other e-mails full of pics!

Love,
Hermana Hermansen

P.S. Mom, yes it is still super hot!!!  It’s getting hotter actually.... as I’m sitting here typing I can feel sweat dripping down my back…it’s great…

Hermana Hermansen and her companion

The Entire District

A typical street in Chile!

Assistant to the President and Hermana Hermansen

Hermana Hermansen and her companion teach cooking classes to the ward.

Cute Hermana Hermansen





No comments:

Post a Comment