Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Letter #47: November 26, 2012


Dear Fam Jam,

Ok I have to write in response again or else I’ll forget the questions....Sorry.  Sounds like Thanksgiving was fun for you guys!!!  Thanks for the pics!!  Everyone looks so happy!!  :)  Was Lyndsie with her dad for Thanksgiving?  Shoot! She will probably be on her mission next year....Thanksgiving was just a normal day here for me. Ha. Ha.  But that’s ok, a normal day means a day of fun and talking about the gospel with people and having people think that we are crazy and laughing way hard with my companion while walking the streets of Chile (which by the way are getting WAY hot)! Ha! Ha!  I’m a nerd.  

Yes, I did know that Brandon and Lindsy are living at home.  Way cool, fun, awesome, etc.!!  I’m jealous!!!  I have not received any packages yet.  The only package I’ve gotten since being here was the first one that I got a few months ago..... But thanks for thinking of me and sending stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My teeth are hanging in there! My one is getting crooked still. Ha! Ha! No worries though!!!! I’m perfectly fine waiting.  :)

The “elders” blogs:  The only one that I know was Elder Griffeths!!  He’s way cool!!! We are missionary friends.  :)  He’s from Lehi and we were in the same zone in Quillota for 3 transfers. He started his mission when I was in my 2nd transfer. Rachel, what every happened with my memory card? Did you get it figured out or save my pics?  Also, Rachel, sorry I’m taking forever on the letter for your young women.  Just wanted to let you know that I’m still working on it and I haven’t forgotten!!!

Ok, now onto the real letter part. :)  So the topic that has been on my head a lot lately is the topic of real life and marriage, etc.  Since my comp is still not 100% better from her operation, we have to head home early (I think the hot sun has been affecting her a little much since she still doesn’t have all her strength back), which leads us to talking about life.  I’ve learned some cool things that I would like to share with you.  

First, remember how I always said that I don’t think a missionary in the field is able to receive direct personal revelation for their personal lives?  Well, I re-tract this statement in term with certain conditions.  A missionary CAN receive personal revelation and direction for their lives, when they are not seeking it directly.  When a missionary is seeking only the will of God, God mysteriously in turn gives them the answers to things they will need in the future.  It’s weird and funny, but I have found it to be true.  The more I focus on being here in Chile, the missionary work, having the spirit with me, and seeking God’s will, the more answers and personal revelation I receive for my own life. The answers are conditional, of course, like all things, but I know that if I follow the promptings that I get, everything will work out as it should.  Interesting.

Now, on the topic of marriage... So a companionship is basically a marriage and the same principles apply to have a successful relationship in them both.  I want to share with you all a secret.... :) I have found out what the key is to having a great relationship with anyone... Spouse, brother, sister, friend, companion, etc..... That key is mutual sacrifice, forgiveness, and laughter. Sacrifice is the ultimate symbol of love and when two people are sacrificing for each other, the love that they have can grow.  Sacrifice permits feelings of gratitude to bloom and the pure love of Christ to be made manifest.  Along with sacrifice, forgiveness is always necessary.  We are ALL human and make mistakes.  Forgiveness is essential if happiness is the desired result.  On top of everything, don’t forget to laugh :)  I have yet to find a better medicine than laughter. Laughter heals wounds and helps us to enjoy the moments that we want to last forever. Laughing is good for the soul and brightens any cloudy day.  Also I believe that laughing together is one of God’s great tools that He uses to bond people.  Forgive, forget, keep moving forward, sacrifice, laugh, love, and grow. :)  I invite you all to apply these three simple principles to whatever relationship you have right now that may be struggling.  And if you don’t have a struggling relationship, apply it to your relationships anyway to achieve a deeper, richer, more meaningful and happier relationship than you have now.  I promise you that it works.  :)

Anyway, that’s all I have to say for today!!  I LOVE YOU ALL AND I HOPE ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Hermana Hermansen

P.S.  I had to give a 15-minute talk yesterday in sacrament about Joseph Smith.....IN Spanish.... Ha! Ha! It turned out not half bad.  :)
P.P.S. I have more pics to send next week. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment