Monday, March 18, 2013

Letter #60: March 11, 2013


Dear Family and Friends,

Everything is going well!  I am so happy with my companion! She is really funny and we get along great!!  I’m trying to do my best to be the companion/trainer that she needs and teach what and how she needs it.  We are both learning a lot together!!  She’s doing really well at getting everything down really fast (because everything is still so new for her) and I’m learning a ton of things that I can do better and refining my skills as a missionary and person. My Spanish is actually getting better because I am having to talk more and I can better see and realize the correct pronunciation of words and grammar.  I love this learning experience and the joy that comes from helping people come unto the gospel!!  

Let’s see, this week, in companion study, we studied The Restoration and How to Begin Teaching.  In my personal study, I’ve been reading and studying in Mosiah 12-15.  There was a scripture that I really like in Mosiah 13:28 and then I also found a quote by President Lorenzo Snow that goes along with that and he says something like “Everyone is dependent on Jesus Christ and without Him, the promises of the gospel couldn’t be accomplished.”  I just really like that because I LOVE anything pertaining to Christ and I love remembering His infinite love and sacrifice because that is really what motivates me in this work.

So last week at church, our entire bishopric was released and our ward mission leader (who was completely awesome and worked incredibly well with us) was called as second counselor, leaving us without a ward missionary leader... So yesterday in church there was no one to teach the gospel principles class (we have a separate class for gospel principles for new members and investigators), so that means that me and my companion got to teach it.... Ha! Ha!  We taught The Restoration because that was what we studied this week and it actually went fairly well... That was the first Sunday school class that I’ve EVER taught in my life and it was in Spanish.... Ha! Ha! Awesome.  (Actually, I probably teach better in Spanish than in English now....)

Anyway, everything is going well.  Time is going by fast now!  I’m getting excited for General Conference!!  I will be with my current companion for it and I can’t wait!  Tell Aunt Christie “a million thank you’s”!!!!!!  I seriously can’t believe that....  She way out did herself and I’m really thankful!!!!!!  Also, I had no idea that Zach was getting married... To whom?  That’s cool.  Tell him congrats!!  Courtney told me that Megan Boardman is engaged, too.  And way cool about Jordan’s call to Guatemala!!  He’s going to love it!!  Guatemala is gorgeous!!  I’ve seen pictures! I lived with a girl from Guatemala and she was way nice!!  I love her!!  Ricardo Arjona is a famous singer from Guatemala!  Tell Jordan congrats and to look up the music video “Fuiste Tú” by Ricardo Arjona!!!  That was filmed in Guatemala and shows a lot of the Guatemala City.  Tell everyone at the wedding that I love and miss them all!!!!  Have you heard anything about Lyndsie?  LOVE YOU!!!

Bye
-Hermana Hermansen

P.S.  When you send the next package, could you please include a copy of this coming General Conference Ensign?  And also a new CTR ring for Hermana Ramos (size 11)? 

No comments:

Post a Comment