Sunday, March 10, 2013

Letter #59: March 4, 2013


Mama and Family,

Ok, so I got my package on my birthday!!!  The president changed how we did transfers this change because of all of the new missionaries that got here.  I told you that 17 new sisters arrived, right?  That is just a ridiculous amount all at once!!  Next transfer 23 new sisters come and then the next transfer 25 more new sisters come…. I honestly have no idea how they’re going to organize things!!

So anyway, my birthday was a fun day.  We had our transfers!!!  My new companion is named Hermana Anderson (Morgan Anderson).  She’s from Bountiful and she is 24.  I’m training and it’s actually really fun!!  It surprises me how much I’ve learned and how much I know... Ha! Ha!  She’s my first gringa companion so I get to speak some English!!!! I like that part.  :)

Anyway, I’m super happy that we are together!!  All of those hard times that I passed through on the mission are actually being to put to use as knowledge and advice that I can give her in case she passes through the same things.  She is way cute!! And she is really willing to learn!  She doesn’t speak Spanish very well, but she is learning fast!!

Here’s a pic of us:



P.S. Thanks for my birthday package!!!!  I LOVED IT!!!!  Especially the yellow scarf and the headband... as you can see.... :) I actually LOVED everything!!! I loved the sunshine theme!!

It’s sort of intimidating at times being the “lead” missionary, but it’s actually not as hard as I thought it would be.  I’m really enjoying it!  So I complete one year in the mission this week (in a few days).... Can’t believe it!!!  I’m really enjoying my time as a missionary, but I’m still excited to come home, too. :)  Anyway, my computer is being weird so I’m going to send this and if I get things figured out, I’ll write more.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!
-Hermana Hermansen

No comments:

Post a Comment