Sunday, April 21, 2013

Letter #65: April 15, 2013


Family,

So this week was such a rollercoaster!!!  As you know and mentioned, I am training again.  My companions name is Hermana Lonni Call and she is from Colorado Springs, Colorado.  She is super nice and we get along great!  There is a picture of her and our mamita included (taken this morning)... .

This week I have learned that everything happens for a reason.  Jean Ramos, an investigator that I’ve been working with since January (who was basically atheist or agnostic before and has had at least 6 sets of missionaries over the past 5 or so years), got baptized yesterday!!!  Woot!  A million prayers, fasts, and lessons later.  :)  His baptism way super special!  He had a ton of friends there (almost all his friends are YSA) and the spirit was way strong.  I included a picture of us.  By the way, I’m totally still in the same area (This is my 5th transfer here!! That never happens!!)  But I’m not complaining because I LOVE the ward and the area, even though it’s kind of a hard area as far as work goes.  

After this change I’ll only have 3 more.  Weird.  I just love being a missionary!!!  This work is sooo awesome!  I honestly have no other desires or goals in life than to just help people.  Make a difference.  Even if it’s just a little one.  I only want to help other people feel good and know that God loves them and help them obtain eternal life... That is what drives me.  I honestly don’t feel much of anything else than simply wanting to help people.  Sometimes it makes me sad when I feel like all my efforts go to waste because people don’t accept the gospel or when people are selfish, but that’s just kind of how it goes...

On a happy note, one of our investigators is getting married this week!!  Woot.  Then he just has to quit smoking and then he can get baptized!  I’m excited for him. :)  His name is Carlos and he is like 45 and his future wife is a member and they have one kid together, plus other kids from past marriages.  They are getting married this Friday! Woot.  I really am super happy, but I can also feel Satan working hard to get me down. There are so many good things that are happening with our investigators, but sometimes I find myself getting down, or being hard on myself, or feeling sad for things.  I know that these things come from Satan, but boy are they strong sometimes....

Anyway, I’m getting way excited to Skype for Mother’s Day!!!  Glad to hear that everyone is doing well!!  Going to St. George should be fun!  How’s everyone else doing?  I miss you guys, but I’m also loving Chile and being a missionary soooo much too... I think coming home is going to be one of the hardest things I’ll do.... My eyes are starting to water and cry just thinking about it.... sigh... oh, the mission...

I love this gospel with all my heart and I love our Savior, Jesus Christ more than that and more I will ever be able to fully express.  What a wonderful time it is to be a part of His great work... Keep moving forward, family. :)  I love you all sooo much!!

XOXOXOXOXO
-Hermana Hermansen




No comments:

Post a Comment