Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Letter #66: April 22, 2013


Hey FAM!

I love you guys!  So, I’m in a funny mood, so I will do my best to write and answer questions.  First, I have no idea what the time difference is or will be… we are going to have daylight savings next week and I’m so excited.  I can’t even explain how excited I am that we get to sleep for one more hour.  Let’s see right now it is 4:30 in the afternoon.  I believe there will be a 2 or 3 hours difference for Mother’s Day.  

BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM, this Wednesday!!!!!!!! Woot!  The big 5-6...oh wait,... I mean 2-5...! Hehe!  :)  So, it’s definitely fall here.  Starting to get pretty cold actually.....

We are on the same time-zone as Santiago.  I don’t know what time we will be able to Skype.  I think we just have to coordinate with you guys and Hermana Call’s family.  We will be Skype-ing from our Mamita’s house.   

I’m still in the same area as Christmas, but it will be from a different house.  Our mamita’s :) Where we live-ish.  (We live behind her house) BTW, she says to tell everyone “Hi” and she sends hugs and kisses and says to tell you not to worry about me because she’s my mamita as long as I’m in the mission and she will take good care of me.

My companion and I are getting along just great!  We laugh all the time and get along just fine!   More money would be nice I guess, just in case I need it.  I do need to buy a coat actually, but I’ll just get a cheap one at the second-hand store.  

Courtney sends me a little hilarious message every other week or so.  They always make my day because they are always real funny.  We can write friends now BTW.  I’ve gotten week number 4 from Lyndsie and she finally sent me a little note today.  OH!!!

So this is cool.  The other day at lunch I was telling the member guy how dad likes rocks and how he said I need to come home with some copper because of all the copper mines here in Chile and the dad (he’s actually the first counselor), gives me this pure naturally combusted copper rock that he found in a river.  Cool huh???  I was way grateful!  The people here are so loving and giving!  They’re teaching me a lot.

Anyway, I have to ask you guys a question and you ALL (especially mom) have to give me a good thought out response.  In our last zone meeting they told us to do this.   So here we go. What kind/class/type of missionary do you think I am?  That’s all. 

Here are some pictures.

Picture 1=  Last night, searching for a reference whose address doesn’t exist.  Good thing we climbed all the way to the TOP of the hill before finding that out...
Picture 2= Mamita Jenny (p.s. she totally came to church yesterday!... and my companion and I gave talks...)
Picture 3= It was Jean’s b-day so I gave  him a b-day crown that mom sent.  He loved it as you can tell by his face.  That’s his little brother; we want to teach him now.  Heheheh (evil laugh). Also, Jean received the Holy Ghost yesterday.  Best b-day gift ever.
Picture 4= Carlos (our investigator) got married last Friday!  Now he just has to quit smoking and he can get baptized.  Woot!
Picture 5= Compy comp and me

Well that’s all for now!  LOVE YOU GUYS!!  Have a good one!!

-Hermana Hermansen







No comments:

Post a Comment