Thursday, May 23, 2013

Letter #70: May 20, 2013


Hello Mommy!! And the rest of the world....

Transfers have not happened yet.  They will happen this Wednesday!!  We still don’t know who goes and who stays, but I’m pretty sure that I will be leaving good ole Villa Alemana.  I’ve been here for 7 months now....25 new hermanas are arriving to the mission this change and most of them are Latinas.  Who wants to bet that I’ll be training one of them?  :)  Ha! Ha!  Life is good. Always learning and always growing.

So we had a baptism this past weekend!  It was really cool!  It was our investigator who had to get married and quit smoking, so it was awesome to be able to see him get baptized!  The life of him and his family has changed a ton in the past few months!  I feel like perhaps that was one of the reasons Heavenly Father let me stay in this area so long because I literally got to see the whole process.  It was a HUGE testimony builder for me.  I love this family sooo much!  I look up to them and all of the sacrifices that they’ve been making for the Lord!  There is a difference in the feel of the home, in their presence, and in how they are.  They truly have become Disciples of Christ and they are committed to continue deepening their conversions, which will happen as they live the gospel.

Here is a pic of Carlos with the old bishop (far left) who baptized him and his family (the rest of his family are already members, except the baby, of course, and one daughter).  


Anyway, I don’t know what else to tell guys.  Things are going good.  I’m trying to fight not falling into “a rote pattern” of being a missionary.  It’s hard sometimes always having to put so much of myself out there all the time.  My personality, my feelings, my testimony, and my heart.  It really is a constant battle and it never seems to let up any.  

I’m surprised that I’ve made it this far in my mission.  I never thought that I could... That’s how I know the Savior, Jesus Christ is helping me.  He has been able to make more out of me than I ever could have made out of myself.  I know that He really is the Son of God and that He loves and watches over us.  He is the great Redeemer and He will come again and reign in all His glory.  I love Him with all that I am and I am just trying to do the very best that I can to serve Him.  I love you all sooo much!!  Thank you for being my loving family and for all of your support!!  Peace out, trout!

LOVE,
Hermana Hermansen

P.S. If you want to look up blogs of one of my companions, Hermana Anderson’s is vinadelmorg@blogspot.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment