Sunday, April 15, 2012

Letter #11 April 6 and April 10, 2012

I received two letters from Hermana Hermansen yesterday.  They also included some pictures!  Yeah!

April 6, 2012

Dearest Rachie-Pants,

That was so good to hear about about your weekend and Bailey!  She is so cute and it sounds like you two had a lot of fun!!  Has she said anything about getting baptized or have you talked to her about it?

Conference was really good, wasn't it!  A lot about family and being nice.  It's funny because the things they teach in conference are so simple and easy to understand, I sometimes wonder why they address such small issues, but then I remember that they are things that the world needs to hear and things we need to constantly be reminded of.  :)  It's cool how revelation through leaders of the Church works!

So, Hermanas can wear pretty much whatever as long as it is modest.  You know how you said that Kari got sick of her clothes like halfway through her mission and had Lori send her some?  Well, I'm already starting to get sick of some of my clothes.....Ha! Ha! Not really, but the choices are so limited, which is how it will be and I'm fine with it.

Anyway, best be on my way!  I love you mucho!  Thanks for being so awesome and writing me and supporting me.  I sincerely appreciate it!  You really are the best sister EVER!  Mi hermana favorita!

Love,
Hermana Hermansen

P.S.  Enjoy some pics! (She sent a few hard copy pics, but I only scanned one...I'm going to ask her to send digital copies.)


April 10, 2012

Dear Rachie,

Estoy bien, pero tango dolor de mi boca...esta bien.  (I am good, but I have pain in my mouth).   Estoy aprendiendo mucho en el CCM y me gusta mucho tambien. (I am learning a lot in the MTC and I also love it a lot.)

So, I wrote you and Brett a couple days ago, but I'm waiting to get some pictures printed off before I send it and then I got your DearElder letter yesterday, so I thought I'd write again. :) 

My Easter was good.  It didn't really feel like Easter, though.  Everyday pretty much feels the same here. We had President Boyd K. Packer come and speak to us on Easter.  That was pretty cool!  Also, his son Elder Packer (of the 70) spoke to us, as well.  They both gave really good talks about the power of missionaries.  That was for sacrament meeting, which was unusual because we normally have sacrament within the zone.  We had all 2,000 missionaries in the auditorium and the sacrament was passed all at once.  There were 4 tables set up for the bread and water with 8 Elders at each table and each Elder had 2 trays in hand.  It still took 15-20 minutes to get the sacrament passed to everyone, but it was a really cool experience!  I love the sacrament!  It's such an awesome part of our religion.  It's the ONLY ordinance in the gospel required to be performed EVERY WEEK!  It much be pretty important then, eh? :) 

Your Young Women lesson sounds like it went really well!  I LOVE "Mormon Messages".  They're so sweet!  The most important thing you can do as a Young Women leader is to get your girls to feel the spirit as much as possible.  Years later, they won't remember the things you said, but they will remember the power of the Holy Spirit they felt!  I'm sure your Young Women love you...because you are funny and nice and organized and you can just be crazy sometimes. :)  Ha!

Guess who I saw last week and talked to and shook hands with??? That's right....Andy Nielsen!  Crazy, huh?  I was so caught off guard when I heard someone call my name and then saw him!  He works here I guess....Huh!

Thanks for accepting Hermana Ortega's friend request.  I'm on a mission and I'm still gaining virtual friends. Ha!  We (meaning my companion and I) are getting along great!!  We have lots of fun together and work hard. 

The food is getting old....the salad seems to have gotten less fresh and they have something fried at every meal.  The food they provide is so high in fat and sugar.  They do have fruit at every meal, but it's either not that fresh or it's not ripe enough.  I've given up on running here because 10 laps = 1 mile, plus it's an indoor track, which is AWFUL.  I want to enjoy running and running 40 laps around awkward Elders, while my face is burning off, sweating like a pig, not being able to breathe is not enjoyable.  Now I play volleyball or foursquare at gym.  It's a lot of fun!

My Dansko shoes are holding up well.  My feet don't ever hurt, so I guess they're doing their job.  I don't think that they are very stylish, but I'm used to them.  

Learning Spanish is hard, but it's getting better.  It's hard to imagine that I'll ever be able to speak it fluently, but all my teachers say that we know more and are batter at Spanish when we were in our 2nd week than when they left the MTC, so that's a little reassuring.  

Thanks for getting those pics printed of me!  You're awesome!  I'd better go now, but I may write you again in this same envelope due to waiting for my pics to be ready to send.  Love you!!!

Love, 
Hermana Hermansen

No comments:

Post a Comment