Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Letter #21: June 11, 2012


Hola Family!!!!

Wow, I miss you all sooooooo much!!! Today we went to the beach and it was beautiful! The town and beach we were at is called Papudo. The whole time I was there, I was wishing you all could be there with me!! Look this place up, it’s sweet and if we ever come back to Chile, we will go there. This week was so much better than last!! Things are going so great now!! We are working hard to find and teach people! This work is so fun!! We ended up losing May and Carla because of some weird things, but mostly I think it’s because May learned out about the law of chastity and the word of wisdom and didn’t want to change….Oh well, we planted a seed.  We found a new investigator named Jorge and he is golden!! I love him so much! Ha. Ha.  He just loves and accepts everything we teach and he came to church on Sunday and he’s getting baptized on July 14th. (Sorry that was a run on sentence but I don’t have time for grammar today...)

We also had a conference in Viña on Wednesday.  IT was AWESOME! I got to see Hermana Ortega which was a huge comfort for me. Her parents were in Africa when you took the hangers FYI.  I hope we get to be companions again someday!  At the conference I also found a kid who I went to high school with!! Crazy eh?  We hung out a few times in high school and I even went to his house, but we never even talked after, and where should I run into to him, but Chile of all places because we’ve been called to the same mission!! Ha! Ha! Seriously so ironic. His name is Keeten Williams and he goes home this August.  

Anyway, thank you SOOOOOO MUCH for sending me that package mom!!! Seriously, I cannot even tell you how much I appreciate that.  I miss so many things from the states! This morning in the shower I could see my breath…it is that cold.  We have to turn on the shower, get wet, turn it off, soap up, and turn it back on to rinse to save hot water... Ha.  Ha. Fun stuff.  I’ve always really appreciated the luxuries we have, but now I REALLY APPRECIATE them.  I also miss speaking in English sometimes... I feel like I would be such a better missionary if I could just speak in English and really talk to people, but I’ve been called here for a reason and I trust in that. God knows everything, so why not trust Him, right? :)

The harder I work, the less I miss things back home. I LOVE when we work hard.  It makes me feel better about being here and it makes me happy.  I am so happy when we are out on the street talking to people and being welcomed into homes to teach.  I may not be able to tell them this quite yet (so I will tell you), but I have such a great love for these people!!!  After every lesson I tell my companion ¨Ellos son super buenos, no? Me encanta ellos!¨ (Basically, that means, “They are super great and I love them”). She finally said to me, you always say that.  Ha! Ha! But it’s true!!!!  I love spreading the gospel and I love the people.  I’m learning so many things that make me excited to apply these principles I’m learning to my own life.  I love you all too!!!  Seriously, I could not be here without your love and support.  This mission is hard.  It’s harder in areas I didn’t expect and it’s easier in areas I didn’t expect.  Even though it’s hard, I’m super grateful for this opportunity I have to be here right now!!!   I love this gospel. This gospel makes everything worth it. I love my companion too. I’m learning a lot from her! 

Brandon- Thank you so much for your e-mail.  It was something I definitely needed to hear.  Actually, EVERYONE, (you may or may not know this), but every single e-mail I get from every single person is something that I needed to hear.  Please don’t hesitate to write me prompted feelings because I need them.  Never be afraid to follow the spirit.  Never be afraid to share the gospel.  It’s what everyone needs!  But not everyone is ready.  Remember who you are and whose you are!  We are children of a Heavenly Father who loves us all and wants us to be happy. I know this is the true gospel of Christ! I know that stronger than I ever have before.  Live it!  That’s why we’re here.  I love you all with mi corazon!!!!  Until next week… :)

Love, Hermana Hermansen

P.S.  Here are some images from Papudo



No comments:

Post a Comment