Thursday, June 7, 2012

Letter #20: June 2, 2012



Dear Family,


Ok, so this week was sort of rough for me.... but it was good too!!  First things first... I have fleas!! Ha! Ha!  Literally. Bugs here are not bad, but fleas are very common.  They get in your bed and bite you in the night.  I have about 30 bites, but they are starting to heal now.  We’ve been cleaning our blankets in the bath tub all this week.  The other Hermanas have them too, but my companion and I have them the worst because we’re by the window.  Ha! Ha!  Don’t worry though, it’s not a big deal, just funny and the bites itch.  
The work has been kind of slow this week.  


Because of the language barrier, I learn a lot my example.  It is actually nice to be able to speak English with Hermana Alvarez every once in a while since my companion can’t understand English.  Missions are just hard sometimes. I am definitely learning a lot about patience!  My Spanish is coming along fine.  Hermana Alvarez says I’m about 7.5 out of 10 on the fluency scale. I still have a hard time understanding sometimes because they speak so fast, but I can pretty much say almost anything I want to in Spanish now.


Brandon, thank you so much for you e-mail last week!!  They were things I definitely needed to hear!  I found a cool article in the Liahona this past week about the Marshall Islands, you would like!! It was called “Sailing True in the Marshall Islands”, in the April 2011, Volume 35, Number 4 issue.  It was about the members there and about some of their conversions.  Super cool. Look it up :)  


Tell Nina Happy Birthday for me!!!!!!! Sorry it’s late.

Mom- I was able to buy some sweaters, which are saving my life!!! Thank you so much!!! I bought 3 and they were about $12 dollars each.  Things here are cost almost the same and in the U.S. and a lot of things are actually more expensive here.  The only thing that is way cheaper is the produce, which is awesome!

The members feed us a lot! Ha! Ha!  Rachel, they do put mayonnaise or ketchup on EVERYTHING!!  Luckily we don’t eat dinner, just a snack before we go to bed.   Tell Cody and Nina and the kids that I love and miss them like crazy!!!  




I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!  I MISS YOU A LOT, TOO!!!!! 

I´m doing well and enjoying the different things here and I´m learning SOOOO MUCH!  That’s all for now.  Thanks for your prayers and support!!!  I LOVE you soooooooooooo much and am so grateful for you all!  I know that this church is not only true, but it’s real. I’m here in Chile to help build God’s kingdom, just as it was prophesied of in the Book of Mormon.  Read the Book of Mormon daily, and I promise that you will have more peace, more guidance, and more happiness in your lives!! Have a great week!


Love,
Hermana Sarah Hermansen


P.S. Mom- I don’t think my loose wire is a big concern now, but we’ll just have to take of it when I come home next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment