Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Letter #24: June 25, 2012

Dear Family,

Alrighty, for the news this week-

So mother let me explain, every 6-week period is called a “change”.  I am in my second change right now. Every change you have to ability to change companions or areas or both or stay the same.  You can stay with the same companion for 1 or 2 changes usually, but no more.  You can stay in an area for up to 5 changes but 2-4 is normal.  This past change the Hermanas Alvarez and Estrada (with whom I lived) were transferred, my companion and I stayed the same, and we received NO new hermanas in our pension.  So that means that we inherited ALL of the area from Hermanas Alvarez and Estrada, plus our own area.  So we are going to be super busy for the next 6 (now 5) weeks!!!  We are both super excited though!!  We got everything figured out with our companionship and are doing our best to be following the rules now.  We also have a lot my space in the pension now so that´s nice. 

We had 2 investigators attend church yesterday, which was AWESOME!!!!  Jorge and Daniela.  Jorge has a baptismal date for some time in July!  He is super funny and I’m excited for him!  Daniela is one of the daughters of Alejandra, whom we’ve been visiting for the past 3 or so weeks.  Alejandra has 3 daughters Berni (age 8), Anggi (age 10), and Daniella (age 17).  I’m hoping they all get baptized!!! 

We have been working hard contacting and knocking doors to try and find new people to teach in our new area.  Oh man, people are crazy.... and Chileans LOVE to talk!  Even when we get rejected (which is often) we usually end up having a 10-15 min conversation with people. Ha! Ha! 

Mom, yes I still get stared at and whistled at and called after.  EVERYDAY!  I’m a pro at ignoring it now. The worst is when we have to walk on this road that is under construction... ALL of the workers stop working and stare and yell and whistle.  It’s like a chorus of cat calls. I HATE IT. Ha!  But they’re harmless. 

Rachel, do you have any exercise tips for me?  I have 30 minutes every morning and I don’t want to get fat.  That’s cool that everyone has been having so much fun!!!  It makes me jealous that I’m missing it !  And Mom, YOU BOUGHT A LEXUS??????? Ha! Ha!  That’s cool!  I’m glad you’ve been having fun running into all of my friends!   That’s way funny about Kirt and Alec!   Tell everyone I say ¨Hi¨ :)

I ran into that elder that I was supposed to keep an eye out for at zone conference.  Elder Robinson, I think?  Ha!  I didn’t remember his name, but he remembered mine and stopped me to say “Hi”.  He’s in one of mom’s aid’s wards or something... 

Tell Austin, that I will write him back in a letter :)  It´s funny because I didn´t even think that missing home and the language would be the things would be an issue, but they are the things that are the hardest for me.  The things that I thought would be hard were the schedule and being rejected, but those are the easy things for me to deal with.  Ironic eh?  The more focused I stay on the schedule and working hard, the less I think of home and the easier things are. 

Hey Family, I have an idea for you for you scripture study... :) I have been doing this for the past several weeks and it’s AWESOME.  Study the Book of Mormon, but when you do, only study a few pages or one chapter per day but for like 20-30 minutes.  Find ALL you can from it.  Every principle, every blessing, every example.  And really take in and realize what is happening.  Visualize it as a literal story.  I’m finding super profound and cool things in passages I’ve read over dozens of times.  Try it!  I promise that if you do, your lives will be blessed even further and you will have the the spirit to guide you more powerfully. 

Guess what???? MY companion and I have the opportunity to go to the Santiago Temple on July 7th!!!! I’m super excited!!!!  There is an old lady who has been a convert for a year in our ward, who is going through for the first time and the bishop invited us!!  I’m stoked!  It will be interesting in Spanish, but good thing the spirit speaks all languages... Ha! Ha! :) 

Please Tell Courtney, HAPPY WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t believe I’m missing it!!!!!!  And I can’t believe it’s already here... Holy crap!!  Tell her I wish I could be there with all my heart and I wish her and Steeb the best!!!!

Well, family I must be going now... Thank you for all your love and support. I could NOT be here without you!!!!  Being away from you all is still super hard for me (everyday) and probably will be for my whole mission, but I am enjoying my time here!   I am sooooo grateful for you all!!!  I can’t fully express in words how grateful I am..... Seriously.  I think about you and pray for everyday!  Don´t forget me! ;)

Until next week!
-Hermana Hermansen

P.S. Brettly, do you think you could make a dvd with a bunch of “Mormon Messages” in Spanish on it?  If not, don’t worry about it!!!  But if so, that would be super RAD!!  We show little videos to our investigators a lot and I thought they were in the pension for us to use, but they are my comps... they are super awesome to show and invite the spirit quickly and powerfully!  Just a thought.  Don’t  worry about it too much! Thanks :) 

P.P.S Thanks everyone for writing me!!!! (Rachie, I got another dearelder, I now have 4)
Peace out like a trout.

P.P.S.S. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment