Thursday, July 5, 2012

Letter #25: July 2, 2012


Dear Fam Jam,

I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This week was good.  We are working hard and found 4 new investigators.  We are super busy and do a
lot of walking.  Ha! Ha!  The members in this ward are AWESOME!!!  They are my family here because you all are far away.  They feed us a lot
and they love us a lot.  I don’t know if I told you, but when we greet each other we kiss on the cheek and hug.  It’s nice.  I’ve never felt so welcomed in a foreign land in my life! (That may because I’ve never been to any other foreign land in my life, but still....Ha! Ha!)  This work is fun.  It’s hard, but it’s fun!  

I love bearing testimony. My testimony is massive now.  I know that much. I’ve learned incredible amounts about this gospel and my love and understanding has been expounded to such great heights.  (There’s a song pun intended in that sentence Ha!.... (Mom- such great heights is the name of a song)......) I cry a lot now.  Ha! Ha!  I can’t help it.  When I think of how great the sacrifice of Jesus Christ is, the spirit overwhelms me and my heart burns.

Here´s a cool story...

About 3 weeks ago we visited this family whom was less active. The man started coming to church, but his wife and 7-year old daughter didn’t.  So we visited them and shared a message
about the family and how the gospel blesses it and the family is central to God’s plan.  We watched a short video too. The conversation turned a little and we found out that the wife doesn’t really have a testimony of Joseph Smith or prophets or the Book of Mormon.  I remember bearing powerful testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and promised if they
would read it their lives would be blessed.  The spirit was strong, I remember that.  Well, the wife has been coming to church the past 2 weeks and we visited her on Friday and there was a 180 degree turn in her attitude and demeanor!  It was amazing!!!  We talked about the
scriptures and she told us she doesn’t really have time to read, and we suggested one verse per day and she turned to me with a smile and said “give me homework”.  Ha! Ha!  So cool!!  Their family is so much happier now!!  You can tell a difference.  It’s awesome!

My Spanish is coming along.  I’m pretty confident in it and can say almost everything I want or at least describe what I want to say.  My companion says I speak really well and I understand almost all of what is being said by the native speakers.  And don’t worry… I’m teaching my
companion all sorts of good English phrases.... heheheh.  She now clearly states “I cut the cheese”, “cool beans”, “boof goof”, and “I need to go to the bathroom”.  Ha Ha Ha Ha :) Sometimes I still struggle with Spanish though... I think I know how Aiden feels when we knows
what he wants but doesn’t know how to say it...Ha! Ha! So frustrating...

Anyway...oh, one funny thing about public bathrooms here....
So when you walk in, there’s just a HUGE roll of TP and you take what you need into the
stall. You also use the same roll of TP to dry your hands after. Fun! Fun! :)

Well that’s all for now!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your love and support and for writing me!!!!!  I don’t think I could be here without it. I’m super appreciative and grateful for everything you do for me!!!! Until next week!!!

Love, Hermana Hermansen

P.S. What are your 4th of July plans?
P.P.S. HAPPY B-DAY LYNDSIE LOO, MY DEAR FRESIN!
P.P.P.S. How was Courtney and Steeb’s wedding?
P.P.P.P.S. Have fun with Brandon this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment