Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Letter #29: July 23, 2012


Hey ya’ll! 

This week was pretty fun!  We taught 23 lessons, which is quite a bit.   Not really…but it’s more than we have been teaching.  My goal is to get to a point where I teach 50 lessons per week. Anyway, that is way sad about those things that mom told me.  We live in such a cruel world; it’s nice to be removed from it for this short time.

Latinas are funny…or maybe it’s just Chileans, but they have a lot of pride in their heritage like Americans and think they are pretty cool beans.  It’s funny to me because Americans think the same thing about themselves.  Well we’ve been having some warmer days in Quillota this past week.  It’s nice to get a little sun and to not see our breath in the pension.  We have an investigator, Felipe, with a baptismal date for this Saturday.   He doesn’t want to feel pressured, so we might wait a while.  He’s legit though.

So, I totally biffed it the other day.  Ha! Ha!  We were walk-running (like usual) when we turned a corner and my comp was super close to me and turned sharper than I had expected and I think I tripped on my shoe or my skirt or a small twig or the air.......and took nice little tumble......  Good thing there was cement to break my fall and a family in the street to get a first-hand eye witness.  :)  Oh yeah, I also almost got attacked by a dog, too...  Not in this moment…a different time.  I think it was Saturday.  This dog was barking so loud and mean as we walked past and then it started coming for me, but luckily there was a man in the street who chased it and scared it off.  Good thing I’m a blonde fatty so that the Chileans still think I’m pretty enough to save my life.... It was seriously so scary though.  My stomach pretty much fell out of my butt.... Anyway, all is well :) Sorry this is all one big run on paragraph; I’m too lazy to try to organize my thoughts today.

Hey Brando thanks for your e-mail!!  If you think I’m funny in my e-mails just wait til you see my journal....  Ha! Ha!  I crack myself up sometimes... If you promise not to judge me, I’ll show it to you someday. :)  Or maybe we could have an FHE where I tell stories and read my journal and show pics of my mission adventures one day.  That would be nice.

Mom, I need your recipe for banana bread and cinnamon rolls.  A member asked me to ask you. Don’t forget the frosting recipes.  This members’ name is Vanessa and she is about to have a baby like any second.  She’s huge (with baby) and wants these recipes.  She also said that there is some sort of beige cream frosting that you can put on top of the banana bread that is her favorite part, so if you could find some recipe for that too, that would be great!!  Thanks!

Dad, I have some questions for you... was Neil Armstrong Mormon?  Yesterday, a member told me that he was, but I didn’t believe it (but didn’t voice that of course because there is no arguing with Chileans), but I knew someone who would and that’s why I ask you… :)  Also, who is the president of the USA?  This same member told that is was Romney, but again I didn’t believe it. Let me know.  

Mom, I like hearing all the updates from home!  They aren’t distracting.  It’s actually relieving to know that there are other people out there.  Keep the updates a coming :)  Anyway, that’s all for this week.  We have changes next week!  We find out this weekend who stays and goes so stay tuned.  I’m pretty sure my comp is going to be changed because she’s been here for 6 months and I will probably stay, but you never know so we will see.  Hope everyone is doing well and having fun and loving life and reading their scriptures (especially the Book of Mormon) and making their daily prayers and missing me!!!! Ha! Ha!  

I LOVE YOU ALL AND MISS YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Sarah... I mean hermana Hermansen

No comments:

Post a Comment