Monday, August 6, 2012

Letter #30: July 30, 2012


Dearest Family,

So... I have a new companion!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT.  She is SUPER great!!  I loved Hermana Flores, but I’m officially done with being trained as a missionary.  I feel like there is still a ton that I don’t know, so my new comp is going to spend the next 3 weeks reviewing everything with me. Are you finally ready to meet her?  Ha! Ha! :) Her name is Hermana Palomino and she is from Colombia.  Once again, does not speak English. Ha! Ha!  Lucky me. :)  It actually is way better for my Spanish.  She is super sweet and we are both 100% dedicated to work hard and I can for-see a lot of potential between us both.  We are going to have a lot of success these next 6 weeks, I can feel it. :)  Hopefully we get to stay to together for 2 or 3 changes.

Last night was our first night of working together and we put down a baptismal date with a man in the street. It was super cool!  Ha! Ha!  We are going to work a lot with him.  He was a little drunk, but he pretty much stopped us in the street and asked us if we could help him change and turn his life around.  He reminded me of one of the penguins from Madagascar because he had on a beanie and he has a gut, and he was saying some super funny things and kind of talked like them too.  It was so funny.  Classic.

Dad- Thanks for the U.S. info :) Ha. Chileans are funny.  Sometimes I feel like the Boxcar Children, especially on p-day when we clean the pension and cook on our gas stove.  It’s nice.

Mama-Thanks for all the recipes and pictures and letter from Bailey and Austin and all the e-mails! LOL.

I don’t have much to tell you at the moment because all this change has wiped my memory clean of the past week.  Oh, so it’s still just me and my companion in the pension. We don’t live with any other hermanas for the time being.

Mom- this Felipe is a different one.  I don’t know what happened to the other one because he doesn’t live in our area, but this Felipe is super, super cool beans.  He has a baptismal date for August 25th.  He seriously is a golden investigator.

By the way, that is way funny about the other Hermana Hermansen... Ha. Ha. Ha. Well, I’m glad everyone is doing well! I love you all very much and I miss you all a ton too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Have a great week!

Love,
The Real Hermana Hermansen... please stand up, please stand up. (.... Get it?  Just like the real slim shady... Ha. Ha.)

P.S. I’m writing on Tuesday this week because our President changed how we do changes now.  We do the switch-a-roo on Mondays and have our p-day on Tuesday. So, next week I will be writing on Monday again.  If we do changes like this every transfer, once every six weeks I´ll be writing on Tuesday.    

No comments:

Post a Comment