Monday, August 27, 2012

Letter #34: August 27, 2012


Dear Fam Jam,

Hey what’s up?  I miss you all VERY much!!!  Parents, how was Seattle?  Are you still there? How’s The Graduate?  (That’s a pun because there’s a movie called “The Graduate” starring Dustin Hoffman….it was his first big movie).  Well, nothing much going on here other than............... FELIPE GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOT.  I can’t even tell you how happy it made me!!!! He is such a good boy and I’m just so happy for him to be a part of this gospel and partake of the wonderful blessings it has to offer.  

So, let me tell you a story about his baptism... It was at 4 o’clock in the afternoon last Saturday and we arrived at 3 pm.  No one was there so we waited until the bishop showed up and we went in. The ward mission leader was supposed to fill the font and when we went to check on it, guess what we found?  You didn’t guess, but the answer would have been: the font filled with water the color of poop.  Not even kidding. It was dark brown!  With leaves and crap in it. It was about 3:30pm by this time and so the bishop let the water out of the font and we tried refilling it 3 times with the water pretty much the same nasty color... So when Felipe arrived we pulled him aside and told him the situation, we told him that we could go to a different chapel at 6 pm and still have the baptism.  His face fell a little and he said he couldn’t at 6 pm….but then he asked if it mattered what color the water was and we said no.  Then he said “It doesn’t matter what color the water is, as long as I can get baptized” (but in Spanish of course...)

Oh my gosh. I was SO happy!! He is just super awesome and I wanted to hug him.  Ha. (Don’t worry, I didn’t.)  And so he got baptized in the nasty brown water and he was happy :)

AWESOME. 

Well that was the highlight of my mission thus far.  (Also, when we bore his testimony on fast Sunday this month BEFORE he was even baptized.)  Felipe is just super great and I really hope that he serves a mission one day.  That would be even more awesome!!  Now we are going to try to teach his grandma and his friends... hehehehe J  He had like 7 friends at his baptism, who are not members... :)

That is all I really have to say about this week.  I miss everyone very, very, very much.  I miss English.  And I miss Utah.  We watched some videos with Felipe this week and they made me very proud of my heritage once again and made me super glad that I was raised in the Salt Lake Valley.  I love Salt Lake sooooo much!!!!!  We are “seriously so blessed” ;) to be LDS and to live in Utah.  There are so many cool things that we have that the rest of the world doesn’t. 

I hope everyone is doing well and that you are missing me as much as I miss you.  Ha! HA!      
I LOVE YOU ALL MUCHO MUCHO MUCHO!!!!!!

Have a good week!
-Hermana Hermansen 


Picture of the Water Described Above



Felipe's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment