Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Letter #32: August 13, 2012


Dear Family and Friends,
(Because your family people are your friends and I don’t know what you do with my letter as far as posting and blogging goes)

I have only 30 minutes left to write and much to tell and my fingers feel like ice cubes right now.... So we’ll see if I can condense and get out all that I want to say... :)

I went to Santiago this past week.  Ha. Ha.  My Colombian companion had to do some visa stuff, so the secretary of the mission called us one day and said, “Hey come to Viña tonight and you’re going to sleep here and then tomorrow we’re going to Santiago.”  Ha!  Ha!  That’s how they do things on the mission.  Things are always changing and rescheduling.  It was a fun trip.  J Santiago is huge and it’s just like New York City, expect in Spanish.  In this trip we went to the MTC and guess who I met?  That’s right President and Sister Allred. (aka the Mission President and Wife of the one and only Elder Brett Bowman).  They said to send their love and regards.  It was nice to find people who spoke English for a bit.  J

So, our new Mission President has changed some rules.  Nothing too drastic, just little things.  I may need to buy a new coat and backpack though because he wants them to be dark and solid colored.  Also we have a restriction of which finger we can wear rings on.  Ha! Ha!

Mom- Please e-mail me the address of Bishop Reams and the Webers. 

Sometimes when I see people paying for things here I think they are using monopoly money because it’s colorful. Oh yeah….I finally got my package!!!!!!!!!  WOOOOOOTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!  I only have fleas when we’re in the streets sometimes now!!  It’s nice.  J

Ok, so remember penguin man who was drunk when we met him?  So we had a lesson with him and his family and it was super cool!!  They are very interested and he’s been reading the Book of Mormon!  He was a totally different person sober.  I almost didn’t recognize him.  It was cool and I have a lot of high hopes for this family!!

We also are working with another family but this one is more complicated... I am hoping to see results, though!  The dad is less active and still married to another lady because he can’t afford to get divorced.  The son and mom want to get baptized, but the couple needs to get married first. Plus, there are some issues with the bishop of this ward so we’re working to see if they can attend church in a different ward.  Lots of things that need to be taken care of, but we’re going to try.  J  

Felipe is doing well; we’re just trying to finalize a date for his baptism.  We placed another baptismal date with Leontina and she came to church last Sunday and wants to learn all she can. She can’t read very well, but she reads all she can from the Book of Mormon. She’s awesome!! Hopefully she can make her baptism date.  J

Well that’s all from this week!  Hope all is well!!  LOVE YOU ALL LOTS AND LOTS!!!!!!!!!!
-Hermana Hermansen 

No comments:

Post a Comment