Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Letter #35: September 3, 2012


Hello Dear Family!!!!

Ok, so I’m going to try and send a lot of videos and photos today so this letter is going to be short!  Just a bunch of tid bits.... ;)

1.  The weather is finally starting to warm up!!  Yay.  We had 2 REALLY nice days this past week.  So nice that I got a little sunburned and was sweating..... Ha!  Ha!  And it’s still winter.  The summers here are ridiculous so I hear, but I’m sure I’ll adjust.

2. We had daylight savings yesterday and we sprung FORWARD.... That’s the 2nd time this has happened to me this year... Ha! Ha!  It’s almost 2 o´clock here, what time is it there?  Or what time did you receive this e-mail?

3.  This is the last week of this transfer and I’m kind of excited.

4. Next week our p-day will be on Tuesday most likely so don’t worry if you don’t hear from me on Monday.

5.  This Friday I complete 6 months in the mission!!! Woot.  Woot.  How crazy is that! I still feel like I just got here and in some ways I’m still adjusting.  I’m one third of the way through my mission... so weird...

6. So the Independence Day of Chile is on September 18th.  Celebrations last all week so I’m told!  Ha! Ha! But they seem to have already started….Ha! Ha!  We can smell BBQ in the streets and there are a lot more drunk people out at night.  That may be because it’s warming up now, though. 

7.  So there was this dance festival thing that the stake put on with native dances from Chile and I took some videos of, so that is what I’m going to try and send.  Also, I’m sending some pics of my crazy companion and me at this festival.  The native dance is called the “Quaka” and its SOOOOO COOL.  I loved it!!  Chileans are definitely very proud of their country and heritage. 

8. Yesterday in Relief Society, I fell off my chair...in the middle of everyone and everybody gasped... it was a good time... :) Ha! Ha!

Ok, I’m going to try and send stuff now!!  LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Hermana Hermansen




No comments:

Post a Comment