Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Letter #36: September 11, 2012


Hello Dear Family,

Well... I did not get transferred.  And neither did my companion.... I am still in the same area (Quillota, Ward- Troncal 1) with the same companion (Hermana Palomino from Columbia).

I don’t really have a lot to say this week, but I do have some homework for everyone... Heheheh.

Things to Read:
-“Mountains to Climb” (last April general conference talk by Elder Eyring)
This talk is AWESOME!! Super insightful, super inspirational, and super motivational.)
-“Our Search for Happiness”
This book contains a concise, but powerful summary of what every Latter-day Saint should know about gospel and the basic foundations of our religion.  Plus it’s funny; I love how subtly witty Elder Ballard is.
-“Beware of Pride” (talk by President Ezra Taft Benson from 1984 or 1986)
This talk is SUPER great!!  When you read this, don’t just read it.  Study it.  Look up every scripture reference.  Take your time.  Meditate.  Ponder.  And let everything you study sink in. There really is only one sin in the world and that is PRIDE.  All other sins are a result of not being humble enough to repent.

And that’s your homework... for now :)

Well I’m not sure if I told you all or not, but I have learned how to knit.  Yes, just like the grandmas do for fun.  I have knitted a scarf over the past 3 month, of which I will send pics next week.  One of my old investigators taught me, a member has helped, and another current investigator is helping, as well.  Knitting has actually turned into a good conversation starter and a way to connect with investigators... Heheheh.... Almost EVERYONE knits here or crochets...it’s cool.

Mama- I loved your letter last week!  I loved hearing about everyone and it sounds like everyone is doing really well!!  This makes me happy. :)

I’ve come to the conclusion that being in the mission is like being stuck in a fire pit... AND I now have scriptural evidence to prove it... (See 1 Nephi 20:10, Doctrine and Covenants 103:12, Doctrine and Covenants 4:10, and John 16:33.... in order please)

I don’t have much else to say at this point...

Brandon, my old Mission President and his wife are from Vancouver, Washington.  Sorry that information is a little late now since you and Lindsy are going to be busy moving back to Utah!! WOOOOO HOOO! Super happy for you guys!!

I hope that everyone continues to be strong in the faith and recognize all the blessings that the Lord has given you!!!
 
I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!!! I miss you all, too.  Until next week.

-Hermana Hermansen

No comments:

Post a Comment