Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Letter #38: September 24, 2012


Dear Fam,

Hey ya’ll.  I’m still alive after all the crazy Independence Day festivities, so no worries! Ha! Ha! They were really fun and we got to spend some time with the members at their ward activity to celebrate. It was really fun!  I took some awesome footage, but I received 15 e-mails today from different people, so I’m trying to get everyone written back and don’t have time to download stuff.  

We are trying really hard to be obedient and work hard!!  It’s finally Spring, too!!  From what I hear, it’s more like summer.  They kind of skip Spring and Fall here and just have Winter and Summer, so some days have been quite hot and I’m a little sunburnt.  The other day when we got home in the night, I had a blister.  HAD a blister.  It popped during the day and bled through 2 pairs of socks.  Fun stuff!  We walked A TON this day.  We passed by 15 different houses and hardly anyone was home.  It was great. 

Well, we have Elder Dallin H. Oaks coming to Chile on October 20th to speak to our mission. The assistants of the mission asked me to sing in a special choir for the event because they heard that I sang in General Conference and assumed that I have singing capabilities….. Ha! Ha!  Jokes on them, because we all know that I can’t sing!....Suckers…HaHa.  So, anyway, my companion and I have to go to Viña twice a week for practice.  Luckily, Hermana Ortega got roped into it, too, so at least I get to see her twice a week for the next three or so weeks. WOOT! 

Well, sorry I’m lame.  That’s all I have to write today.  LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and miss you too!)

-Hermana Hermansen 

No comments:

Post a Comment