Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Letter #42: October 22, 2012


Dear Family, 

I AM SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY THAT THEY JUST DON’T EVEN MAKE A FONT BIG ENOUGH TO EXPRESS HOW TRULY HAPPY I TRULY AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I have so much to tell you all.  First off, I have a new companion and I’m in a new area. Second off, we are re-opening this area (a.k.a. we are both new to the area and know nothing and no one).  On top of this, the past hermanas were NOT obedient.  My companion and I are here to save this area from closing.  We are starting from zero to re-gain the trust of the members and all the people here and counteract all of Satan’s efforts during the past (I don’t know how long it has been that way).  Third, my companion is one of the most wonderful persons I’ve EVER met!!!!!!!!!!!! Her name is Hermana Ramos and she’s from Peru.  We live with two other hermanas, as well, one is named Hermana Martinez and one is named Hermana Carcamo. One is from Mexico and the other from El Salvador.  (Not sure if you’ve noticed or not, but I have not even lived with a gringa since arriving here).

Anyway, my companion is the best!!!! She has sooooo many spiritual gifts.  We have such a strong companionship and we’ve only been together for three days.  We seriously have this spirit of unity that I have never experienced in my life.  THE SPIRIT IS SO STRONG WITH US!!!!!! I have never had such a powerful influence from the Holy Ghost EVER.  It is the best feeling ever. Now I truly am a missionary. We are doing the work of Jesus Christ.  The Spirit guides our every word and action.  I have never felt this kind of true and sincere joy that comes from having the Holy Ghost with me.

Fourth, I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.  Fifth, the past two transfers were what prepared me to be where I am right now.  Had I not had my previous experiences, I never would have learned to apply the Atonement to my life so profoundly.  I want nothing more than to do God’s will. This sincere desire and search is what allows the Spirit to work through me.  I have seen miracles in the past three days.  :)  

Sixth, I’ve decided that I’m only going to be writing this e-mail every week.  I’ve been starting to get a ridiculous amount of e-mails every week from tons of different people and it’s getting overwhelming.... And right now, more than ever, I can’t afford a single distraction.  I need the spirit with me for the sake of the people here; I just can’t lose it.  There is so much work that I need to do and I can’t do that work without the help of Heaven.  Tell people that they can still e-mail me if they want, but I probably won’t respond.  Tell them to read the blog.  :)

Seventh, I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this gospel with all my heart.  I know that through the power of the Atonement, we have the grand opportunity to repent daily and become better people.  I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and in no way can I ever re-pay Him for what He did for me and all mankind.  He is the infinite and everlasting Messiah.  I testify of His divinity and His love.  I know that He lives.  I invite you all to repent and come to know the Savior a little bit better and experience the true and lasting joy that comes from repentance.  God gave us weaknesses so that we could find them and conquer them through the Atonement.  There is a magnitude that the Atonement has, that is beyond human comprehension, but I testify of its power and truth.  Use it. 

I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for your examples and for providing the means to get me where I am today!!!!! I LOVE BEING ON A MISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Hermana Hermansen 

P.S.  I TOTALLY SHOOK HANDS WITH ANAPOSTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......................Wait how do you spell apostal………..….apostle................?  I don’t remember………………......

No comments:

Post a Comment