Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Letter #53: January 16, 2013


Dearest mother,

Could you please forward my emails from now on?

So I’m writing on Tuesday because another transfer went by.  I am still with Hermana Ramos in Villa Norte.  This will be our 3rd transfer together.  That’s a record for sister missionaries!! Ha! Ha!  But I’m happy. :)  The work is slow, but we are doing our best to keep working hard... Oh Latinas… They are great!  There are many cultural differences between us… Oh!  We have a different hermana with us in the pension again!  She is a super cutie!!!  She is from Guatemala and reminds me of my old roommate Kelly Sue Peterson (Latina version).  Hermana Carcamo (from El Salvador) went home because she finished her mission.  The new hermana’s name is Hermana Guzman.  I like her a lot!

...But sadly, my companion and I have to move out this week because the President wants all of the companionships living solo and in their own sectors.  My companion and I have been living outside of our sector for the past two transfers.  Oh well, it will make the work more effective.  It is still really hot here.  I use sunscreen everyday and I sweat a lot. It’s great.

That’s cute that Alec called you mom! :)  He is a cutie!  I haven’t gotten his package yet, but my zone leaders just told me that they forgot to bring the mail from the office so I probably won’t get it until February... Ha! Ha!  Lame.  Tell Alec “Hi” back from me!! And tell him, “Sorry I’m awful at writing him back... it’s in my near future plans!”  

Our mission is preparing to receive 20-30 sister missionaries in the next transfer... There are 18 sisters now and 2 go home at the end of this transfer so EVERY single hermana will be training next transfer and some will be training 2 at the same time... aaaggghhhhh. Stressful to think about, but we don’t have any other choice... Ha!

I sometimes get frustrated with my own weaknesses.... but I’m still learning and growing and doing what I can. Oh!  I got 3 dearelders from Rachel this past week.  Tell her thanks for thinking that I’m good at Spanish.. I still don’t speak perfectly and have lots to learn, but I will definitely teach her what I know when I get home.  ;)  

Well, I’m out of time.

I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH MOMMY DEAR AND EVERYONE ELSE TOO!!!!!!!

Can’t wait to see you all again!

Love,
Hermana Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment