Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Letter #78: July 15, 2013

My mom,

I am good.  :)  It’s been really interesting for me to be here..... I’m definitely learning A LOT and I am getting a chance to see how much I’ve grown over the past year... My companion is great!  Her mom might try to contact you!  Her name is Jennifer Taylor.  By the way, Rich Andreasen is Hermana Andreasen’s dad. :)

The Fourth of July sounds like it was fun!!  In all honesty, I kind of forgot that it was the fourth... I mean I know it was the “4th”, but not of July.  Ha! Ha!  Holidays don’t exist as a missionary. Thanks for sending my package!!  I’m excited to get it.  I should be getting it this week!!  Your little vacation sounds fun!  I love Wolf Creek.  Cool about the couches too!

Hey, so I have some crappy information... So one of my suitcases broke pretty bad and I’m going to have to buy a new one..... Sorry...it actually wasn’t my fault...  My zone leader broke it on accident, but it was already half way broken to begin with...

I am happy.  We are working hard and I am learning lots!!  I love this work.  Our ward that we are opening is kind of difficult because there is a lot of drama and stuff going on, but we are working hard to overcome everything.  Church attendance is super low!!  We have like 20-30 that show up late to sacrament meeting... In Relief Society, there were 7 of us (including my companion, myself, the teacher, and the Relief Society President), but that’s better than last week... Last week Relief Society had 4 people (including me, my companion, the teacher, and the president).

It is kind of nice that I know my way around Quillota, but lots of memories and flashbacks keep entering into my head at random times... It’s just ironic, ya know?   I’ve seen some people from my old ward here, too, which has been nice and weird at the same time.  Found out that Felipe (one of my converts) is active!!  That was happy for me to hear.  :)  Anyway, don’t really have much to say today.  J

LOVE you LOTS!!!!!
-Hermana Hermansen


P.S. I think that was really nice what you said about the kind of missionary that you think that I am.  :)  And what dad said was nice, too!  Thanks!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment