Monday, July 22, 2013

Letter #79: July 22, 2013

Family,

Well, hello there all.  This week was much better for me than the past two!  (Emotional-wise that is...) Things are going well.  My companion is fun!  We gave talks yesterday in sacrament meeting.  They went well I think... the 20 people that were present seemed to enjoy them… ;)  It’s funny/interesting how hard changes can be sometimes... but that is all part of the growing process. Without changes and difficulties we couldn’t have the essential growth that is necessary to continue progressing in this life.

We have interviews this week with the President and I am looking forward to them.  I will then be able to tell when exactly I will be coming home and if I can extend or not.  So, this week, I wrote down a list of some very important lessons that I have learned on my mission so far and I wanted to share it with you guys.  So these are like quotes/one-liners that either I made up myself or heard from others, but all are things that I have felt and learned deeply and personally... (a.k.a. here is a little bit of my heart out there on the line so no judging... Ha! Ha!)

Things Learned in a Far -Away Land Called Chile—

-A smart person learns from their mistakes, but a wise person learns from the mistakes of others.

-If you want to bring out the best in someone, love them.  And if you want to bring out the worst in someone, criticize them.

-It never gets easier, you just get stronger.

-When things get bad, don’t complain.... because then when things get worse, you’ll have something better to look back on.

-When tempted to whine, count your blessings instead.

-Don’t cry over spilt milk.

-Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

-Obedience plus effort = joy.

-We aren’t expected to be perfect, but we are expected to try.

-Recipe to any happy relationship = 1.  Mutual sacrifice 2.  Mutual forgiveness  3.  Laughter.

Well, there are a bunch more, but I am out of time so I will save them for next week!! Enjoy!!

Love you family!!


-Hermana Hermansen

P.S.  Here are pics.
Me and my companion on a bus

Our House


Getting lost in a field...what?


Oh hey, what time is it?...Oh wait, let me just check the tree...

No comments:

Post a Comment