Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Letter # 1 March 10, 2012

Ok, so the MTC is not entirely what I expected. It is so overwhelming. We already have taught one lesson in Spanish and have to do so again tonight! It's still weird for me to think and realize that I am actually in the MTC!! ha ha. I'm sure I'll get over it eventually though. 

So my companion's name is Hermana Ortega. No, she is not Hispanic. Her father's parents are from Spain and her brothers look Hispanic, but she looks like her mom (a.k.a.) 100% white. She is great! We are different, but we get along great and have no problems arise so far! We are doing our best to work together and it's going well. There are 4 sisters in our zone of about 40. Me, my companion, and two other sisters who are our roommates. They are very nice too!! We all get along very well. One sister is from South Jordan and we have mutual friends. Apparently she was dating Chance's good friend Marco before she left. Her name is Hermana Spencer.

Things people tell you about the MTC sort of are making sense. You have every second of every day jam packed with studying, gym, eating, etc. from 6:30 am- 10:30 pm. You are constantly supposed to be doing something and it's just hard to keep your brain on and focused ALL the time. There is always so much going on in my brain!! I'm not too tired though, which is surprising considering we all know how much I love to sleep! But I am getting 8 hours in the night which is unusual for me.

Well that's it for now, I hope to hear from you all soon! It's hard to think that the world exists and goes on outside of this place. It's good to hear that I'm missed from mom and Rachel! I loved hearing about the Napoleon Dynamite laugh/cries Rachel so tenderly shed for me ;) ha ha. She's great!

Anyway, I love you all!! Thanks for your love and support!

Love, Hermana Hermansen

No comments:

Post a Comment