Monday, May 14, 2012

Letter #15: May 6, 2012

Dearest Mama and Papa,

Well, this is it.  My last letter written from the states...I'm not exactly sure how I'm feeling right now...I'm WAY ready to leave the MTC, but I'm pretty nervous for Chile.  Mostly just because of the language, but new things are always scary.  I've also been super stressed with packing.  I'm sending A LOT of stuff home, but you already know all about this since I will be able to call you from the airport tomorrow.  My bags are RIGHT exactly where they have to be weight wise.  I'm super nervous they are going to be over and then I'll have to pay a ton of money.  I'm trying to avoid that so I've packed and re-packed like 3 times and I probably will again 2 more times.  Ugh!  It's just stressful.  But, I'm happy I get to talk to you tomorrow!

Being a missionary is super great!!  It is also really hard at times, too.  I'm not exactly sure why though...I'll let you know when I figure that one out. :)  How are things back home?  Is it weird that I've already been gone for two months?!?!  It's weird for me to thin about...it time going by fast or slow for you both, with me gone?  Or is it normal speed?  I'm excited for a change.  Everyday is a new challenge and a new adventure.  I am learning and growing so much!!  But I'm still the same me. :)

The gospel is really cool!!  It hurts my brain to think about sometimes how great it really is...but for us, in this life, it's simple.  Follow Jesus Christ and receive eternal life.  Bam!  Ha! Ha! Ok. Ok.  So it's not that easy, but it is that simple. :)

Thank you for the package, mom!!  It was great!  You are very good at picking out things that I like!  With all of the packages you have sent. :)  And thanks for the stamps, dad!!!  They were VERY helpful! :)  That's way cool about Cody Peterson!!  Has he said anything else?  Like has he put his papers in or have his call yet or anything?  He's from Hurricane and I met him through Courtney while I was going to SUU.  We would all go snowboarding together!  He's a way nice kid and I'm really glad that he's finally going to go on a mission!  I asked him about doing it last year, but he didn't seem too interested...If you ever FB chat with him again, you can tell him that I'm SUPER happy for him and it will be the best decision he'll ever make!!

I need to get to bed now, but I love you both very much!!  I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve!  It's going by fast and I kind of hope it continues to...Ha! Ha!  Because it's hard...But I love it!!!  Thank you for taking care of me and providing for me!!!  You are the best!!!

I know that my Savior lives and that He is always there for me.  I that He is always there for you, too!!  Stay close to the Spirit and ALWAYS follow His promptings!!  Remember that you affect those around you and as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, you are representing Him.  Look for people who need the gospel in their lives and never be afraid to invite them to come unto Christ!!  I love you both so so much!!!  You're in my thoughts and prayers, always!  Thank you again for everything and wish me luck in Chile!!!

Love,
Hermana Hermansen

No comments:

Post a Comment