Monday, May 14, 2012

Letter #16: May 6, 2012

Dear Rachel,

Hola, mi hermana! How's life?  Sorry I haven't written for awhile...It's been crazy this week getting everything ready to go.  But I wanted to write you one last time from the States because I will probably just stick to sending a group e-mail once I get to Chile.  I leave so soon!!  Can you believe that? And can you believe that I've used a community bathroom and lived at the MTC for 2 months?!?! Ha! Ha!  That one is weird for me to think about. So, anyway, let me respond to your letters and then I will tell you of my missionary tales. :)

We will be able to phone for Mother's Day.  If I was still in the MTC during el dia de madres, I definitely wouldn't be able to, but since I'll be in the field, I'm pretty sure I can. :)  I've seen Ruby Spencer before.  I saw her at our ward Christmas party.  I like the name Ruby!  Maybe you and Brett could get some kids a cookin' during next year's summer and then when I get home, they'll be just about ready to pop out!!  Eh?  Eh? Oh, by the way, I'm glad Rachel J./F. graduated.  Tell her congrats for me!

So, sometimes I think how much easier life would be if I'd just stayed home instead of coming on a mission.  It's one of those things that you cannot, in any way, understand until you experience it for yourself (going on a mission that is).  Being on a mission is a constant, ongoing endeavor.  You NEVER get a break.  Even P-day is crazy because you have to do laundry and write letters and there is never enough time.  The thought sometimes crosses my mind that "I don't have to be here".  But it is what I NEED! :)  I know that I am here for a reason (several actually) and I'm learning and growing so much!  I love this experience and I love being a missionary!!  It will help me sooooooo much in life once I've accomplished my mission.  Plus, I am having a lot of fun, it gets really hard sometimes.  It's the highest of highs and the lowest of lows.

Anyway, I did get your package!!  Thanks you so much!!  It was AWESOME!!! :)  The pic idea is fine, I guess.  I will probably try to e-mail pics once I'm in the field, though.  I'm a little weary to send my memory card in case it got lost and also when I get home from my mission, all of my pics will be out of order...maybe we could just try e-mailing pics first and if you don't like it, then we can do the memory card exchange.

When is your Ragnar race?  Are you getting pumped and training hard? How far do you have to run?  I MISS RUNNING!!!  Well, Rachie-Pants, I need to get packing!!  I'm sending mom a letter on Monday, so tell her not to freak out if you get this before she gets hers.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, RACHEL!!! I miss you a lot and I love how much you write me!  You probably write the most. :)  You and mom that is.  Thank you for being an awesome big sister and setting a good example for me!  Keep an eye out for Bailey for me!!  Cody tells me that Austin is doing scouts!!  That is so awesome!  Little by little, I know they will become converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. :) Just keep being a good influence and example for them!

I know that this is Christ's true church restored to the earth!!!  I know that He is my Savior and Redeemer!  I love the Lord with all my heart.  I love this gospel, too!!  I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve. :)  Always remember Him, follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit, devour the scriptures, and pray with all your heart!  I LOVE YOU!!!

Love,
Hermana Hermansen

P.S.  Wish me luck in Chile!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment