Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Letter #18: May 21, 2012


Hey Family!!! (Why didn´t anyone write me this week? No biggie.)

So this week was kind of crazy!

We had interviews with the mission president and his wife. It was good to sit down and talk with him! He is a really cool guy and you can tell just being with him that he is called of God. His wife is super sweet too! I’m a little sad that I only get one month with him.  We also had our district meeting in Lingua (another area of our zone, it was about an hour bus ride) this week. It was super pretty there!!  While we were on the bus this man sitting next to me saw my bible and starting asking about it. Turns out he speaks English! Ha! He taught English classes for a long time, but didn´t get paid enough so now he´s working with some business. He was super friendly! He was asking me all sorts of questions about our church and being a missionary and stuff. He was some other religion, which I can´t remember, but has talked to missionaries before a lot. I wanted to ask if we could come to his house and teach him, but I´m still learning the ways of being a missionary and thought my companion would ask him. She didn´t and I really regret not saying anything... I hope we run into him again someday...

While we were in Lingua, we were at the chapel and this crazy guy came in asking for money. You could tell he was really poor… and crazy... It was sad. When we told him we didn´t have anything he asked if he
could at least kiss our bibles... so he did. Ha! Just my companion’s though... Ha! Ha! And it was actually the triple combination.... poor guy. Also we had interchanges this week. I went to Villa Alemana and was
with Hermana Ortega´s companion, Hermana Demille, for the day. It was really different being with a North American... I learned a lot though!

Hermana Ortega is from a town called Taylor, which is close to Ogden. It´s a really tiny town and from the
sounds of it, it´s pretty spread out and kind of country-ish.  Guess what!! We have a baptism this Saturday!!! Woot. Her name is Hellen and she is 16. She´s the bishop´s niece and has been living with to go to school. She is super cute and I´m way excited for her!!! My companion had been teaching her for a couple weeks before I got here and we´ve been teaching her since I came. She´s way ready to be
baptized! I can´t wait!! That is it for a while, I believe!!! Thanks so much for everything!! I was an idiot for sending all my clothes home from the MTC... I´m really wishing I had them now but it´s fine! I´m making due. I love you all A LOT!!! I miss you a lot sometimes and pray for you every day. I´m learning and lot and still trying to figure out missionary life. It´s a challenge sometimes, but I love it!!

Have a great week!!!

Love, Hermana Hermansen

P.S. I can´t figure out how to send pictures.  I think I need a cord from home. Look in my room for a cord to plug my camera into a
computer, if you have time... I´ll keep trying though!

No comments:

Post a Comment